title banner for Derbyshire UK - Derbyshire and Peak District GuideSwarkestone church
Church of St James at Swarkestone in Derbyshire


  



Swarkestone Church

Church of St James at Swarkestone in Derbyshire

Parish Church of St James in swarkestone
Parish Church of St James

The Parish Church of St James was heavily restored in 1874-76, by F.J.Robinson, with only the south west tower and the Harpur chapel remaining intact. The chapel contains alabaster monuments to Sir Richard Harpur (1577) and Sir John Harpur (1627), and a chancel tomb to John Rolleston who died in 1482.

St. James' Church
Anglican/Church of England
Church Lane
Swarkestone
Derby DE73 7GT

Office

The Rectory
Rectory Gardens
Aston on Trent
Derby DE72 2AZ
Tel 01332 792658


Return Derbyshire churches menu



© Copyright 2016 Derbyshire UK : Disclaimer