Derbyshire and Peak District churches and chapels
St Helen's Church at Grindleford in Derbyshire and the Peak District
St Helen's Church
St Helen's Church at Grindleford in Derbyshire and the Peak District was completed in 1910 to accommodate an increase in population in the village after the Totley Railway Tunnel was opened in 1894. Land for the church site had been donated by the Maynard family who were local land owners in the Nether Padley area of Grindleford. Stone for building was provided by nearby Stoke Quarry.
The nave was completed later and further building was carried out in the 1980's.
Warden Contact Tel : 01433 630351
Return Derbyshire churches menu