St Peter's church at Belper
St Peter's Church at Belper
St Peter's church at Belper in Derbyshire was built in 1824 to replace the old St John's Chapel. It is situated in a commanding hillside position making it's tall, slender tower a prominent landmark on the Belper skyline.
The body of the church is a parallelogram with tall lancet - shaped windows with Perp tracery and angled pinnacles. The church has a well preserved pleasant interior, white and spacious, without aisles but with three galleries on cast iron columns.
In the west gallery stands the historic 3-manual organ by Holt in 1853, enlarged 1873 and recently restored.
For services and contacts please visit St Peter's church at Belper
See also St John's Chapel at Belper
Return Derbyshire churches menu