Yeldersley Hall is situated 2 miles south of Ashbourne on the main Derby to Ashbourne road. It was built to replace an earlier home some distance away. Originally built for an Edmund Evans around 1800, the first part consisted of a five by three bay, two storey brick villa with stone dressings. It has a plain parapet, a band between the floors and rusticated stone lintels.
Upon the death of Evans in 1824, the new owner John Harrison, under took the building of a further seven bays.
The hall has had a number of different tennants and owners over the last century including Henry FitzHerbert Wright grandson of Francis of Osmaston Manor, which is only a couple of miles away.
Return to Derbyshire Halls menu
More photographs at Derbyshire Photographs