Derbyshire and Peak District churches and chapels
Church of All Saints at Turnditch in Derbyshire
Church of All Saints
The long, low aisless Church of All Saints was built in the 13th century as a chapel of ease to Duffield and to serve forest officials and the few other inhabitants in that part of the forest. It has been enlarged over the years, most notably by Giles and Brookhouse of Derby, in 1882-84 when they gave it a new chancel. The date 1630, cut into a massive stone lintel above a door on the south side presumably commemorates an earlier extension.
The Revd Jonathan Page
Christ Church Vicarage
Tel: 01773 824974
Return Derbyshire churches menu