St Marys Church at Rosliston in South Derbyshire
St Mary's Church, Rosliston
The Church of St Mary the Virgin was largely rebuilt and extended in 1819 but the C14 tower with its rebuilt broach spire still remains. The nave is a wide, aisleless structure with three large, two-light Gothic windows in each of its side walls, the middle one on the south wall having its lower half replaced by a porch.
The shallow sanctuary, only slightly less wide than the nave, has the uniquely attractive feature of a triple chancel arch - a transverse arcade in which the central arch is just marginally larger than the two side ones. Save for the later Victorian furnishings the interior is quite unaltered and well worth a visit.
Return Derbyshire churches menu