St Andrews Church at Radbourne in Derbyshire
St Andrews Church
The church of St Andrews lies hidden behind the old rectory, by a stream, at the edge of the grounds of Radburne Hall. It consists of a nave and north aisle seperated by an early 14th century arcade, with a chancel and Perp north west tower. The tower is ashlen faced with diagonal buttresses. It contains some medieval benches rescued from Dale Abbey, and monuments to the Pole family including an incised slab to Peter de le Pole dated 1432 and a 1491 elaborate tomb chest with an effigy of John de le Pole and his wife. The great wall monument to German Pole was erected in 1684, created and carved by Grinling Gibbons.
St Andrews Church is part of the Longford Eight group of churches.
Telephone: (01283) 585296
Return Derbyshire churches menu