Parwich Hall in DerbyshireParwich Hall in Derbyshire


  



Parwich Hall at Parwich in Derbyshire

Parwich hall, with its terraced gardens is a 3 storey, 5 bay brick built house with a projecting central bay. It was built in 1747 on the site of a hall demolished only a year earlier, for Sir Richard Levings whose family had purchased the manor in 1561. Previously the manor had been held by the Fitzherberts and then the Cockaynes family.

Parwich Hall is a grade 11* listed building and is occasionally open to the public.


Return to Derbyshire Halls menu


More photographs at Derbyshire Photographs


Parwich Hall
Parwich Hall


© Copyright 2016 Derbyshire UK : Disclaimer