Kedleston Hall , Kedleston Gardens and the Park are open most days throughout the year but for detailed opening dates & times please see Kedleston Hall & Gardens opening times 2017
Tel : 01332 842191
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Kedleston Hall in Derbyshire was erected in the 1760`s by the first Baron Scarsdale, on the site of large buildings that had been occupied by the Curzon family for hundreds of years. Kedleston Hall is the last built of Derbyshire`s great houses, to a design by Robert Adam and it remains one of the finest examples of his work. Kedleston Hall was designed for lavish entertaining and displays an extensive collection of paintings, sculpture and original furnishings.
Kedleston Hall is now owned by the National Trust, with present members of the Scarsdale family still living in a small part of it.
Front of Kedleston Hall
Back of Kedleston Hall
Filming at Kedleston
Kedleston Hall contains a splendid Marble Hall with rows of 25ft high pink alabaster columns surrounding the room. The state rooms contain much magnificent furniture and paintings, some of which was brought back from India by George Curzon when he was Viceroy there, from 1899 to 1905. Much of this forms part of the Eastern Museum.
The gardens have been restored in part to an 18th-century ‘pleasure ground’ and the surrounding park, also designed by Adam, includes a fine bridge, fishing pavilion and series of lakes and cascades. Set walks , long and short are available through the woods and around the lakes.
Bluebells in Kedleston Woods
All Saints Church (in the care of The Churches Conservation Trust) is the only survivor of the medieval village of Kedleston and contains a collection of monuments and memorials to the Curzons.
There are is also a restaurant and NT shop.
Information on other Derbyshire and Peak District Houses
Chatsworth House and Gardens