Derbyshire and Peak District churches and chapels
St Michaels and All Angels Church at Earl Sterndale in Derbyshire
St Michaels and All Angels Church
The village church, dedicated to St Michael, was built in 1828 on the site of an ancient chapel. It was substancially destroyed in 1941, when it was mistakenly bombed by the enemy, the only church in Derbyshire to be hit by a German bomb. It was restored in 1952. and still contains a Saxon font.
Mrs Jennifer Mellor
For information on Earl Sterndale village see Earl Sterndale village
Return Derbyshire churches menu