Derbyshire and Peak District churches and chapels
Church of St Alkmunds at Duffield in Derbyshire
Church of St Alkmunds
The Parish Church of St Alkmunds lies a little isolated from the village centre. It has a 14th century east tower with a recessed spire and a beautiful Perp east window in the chancel.
Duffield church was much restored in 1846 and again in 1896. It contains a monument to Sir Roger Mynors who died in 1539, and his wife. There is also a wall monument to Anthony Bradshaw, his wife and their 20 children. Bradshaw was a barrister and the deputy steward of Duffield Firth, a former hunting forest between Duffield and Wirksworth.
For services etc, please see Church of St Alkmunds at Duffield
Return Derbyshire churches menu