Water trough at Eyam
In 1588 a Col Francis Bradshaw proposed a plan for a water supply for the village of Eyam. About 12 sets of stone troughs were built at covenient places along the village street and water from springs was conducted to the troughs by pipes thus making Eyam possibly the first village in the country to have a public water supply. Drinking water was obtained from the spout discharging into the troughs, the troughs themselves being used by cattle and horses. This one is at Hall Hill, so called because it is adjacent to Bradshawe Hall, now in ruins.