St Andrews Church at Cubley in Derbyshire
St Andrews Church, Cubley
St Andrews Church, can be found half a mile from the village centre down a long lane. It dates from around the 12th and 13th centuries, with a 13th century chancel and a fine Perp tower with angle butresses. There are some 17th century windows in the nave and traces of mediavel wall painting exist on the chancel arch and in the east nave arcade. There are monuments to the Montgomery family, including one to Sir Nicholas Montgomery who died in 1494. It consists of an alabaster tomb chest with 4 angels standing guard, holding shields.
Contact Churchwarden David Legh on
Return Derbyshire churches menu