Holy Trinity church at Brackenfield in Derbyshire
A chapel of ease called Trinity Chapel was built around 1500 but now lies in ruins, hidden by trees. A pilgrimage from the village to this chapel is still held on Trinity Sunday to commemorate its historic place in the community. A new parish church dedicated to the Holy Trinity was built in 1857, with a NE chapel and vestry added in 1872. It contains the 15th century screen from the ruined church.
Holy Trinity church at Brackenfield
Return Derbyshire churches menu