St James's Church at Bonsall, Derbyshire
St James's Church
The 13th century stone built St James's Church stands in a prominent position overlooking the village. It has a fine tower surrounded by crowns and gargoyles and is summounted by a splendid spire. The church has had many additions and extensions throughout the centuries with much of the exterior being rebuilt in 1862. Contains a 17th century funeral helmet in the north aisle.
St James's Church at Bonsall
Return Derbyshire churches menu