Just off the High street in Alfreton, close to the Hall is the large parish church of St Martin. It has a Perp west tower rising from a 13th century ground floor. The south arcade has octagonal piers and may date from around 1325. The north arcade was added on in 1868. Most of the windows are Perp. The church contains monuments to the Morewood family.
For more information on Alfreton try Alfreton
Return Derbyshire churches menu